Stay at Home where possible - Wear a Mask - Get vaccinated x

DO NOT include links to mp4s or other downloadable files in your posts. Thanks. x

twitter

support the forums by visiting these sites

support the forums by visiting this site

shortcuts

Gossip
Poofery
Showbiz
Back Page

support the forums by visiting these sites

Owen Jones, 36yo writer/journalist
Cute new Instagram photo
(07-06-2021, 03:09 PM)TR83 Wrote: If I may make this easier. The Sexual Offences Act -which decriminalized homosexuality on the UK- was passed in 1967 under the leadership of Harold Wilson; a Labour PM. Just over 20 years later -when you'd think that attitudes were becoming more tolerant and people becoming open-minded- Margaret Thatcher; a Conservative PM, introduced Section 28. I know politics is way more multifaceted, but I really struggle to understand why there are so many Tory sympathisers in the gay community.

I do not vote my sexuality, but then again I don't vote Tory either. Heart
(07-06-2021, 03:09 PM)TR83 Wrote: If I may make this easier. The Sexual Offences Act -which decriminalized homosexuality on the UK- was passed in 1967 under the leadership of Harold Wilson; a Labour PM. Just over 20 years later -when you'd think that attitudes were becoming more tolerant and people becoming open-minded- Margaret Thatcher; a Conservative PM, introduced Section 28. I know politics is way more multifaceted, but I really struggle to understand why there are so many Tory sympathisers in the gay community.

The fact that I like cock doesn't make the labour party less repugnant.
Better ask the cats for their opinions. Wink
(08-06-2021, 11:26 AM)Pete Wrote: The fact that I like cock doesn't make the labour party less repugnant.

Quite right.
I mean they haven't been in power for 11 years and they haven't a death toll in excess of 120,000 and they haven't treated asylum seekers and refugees like crap and they haven't held parliament in absolute contempt and they didn't create a customs border in the middle of the UK and stir up divisions in the perpetual tinderbox that is Northern Ireland, they aren't trying to create artificial divisions within our society between a fictional metropolitan woke and a common sense loving majority, they didn't force a decade of austerity on the country only to decide now that national debt is worse than when they came into power that austerity is not needed, they didn't go on TV and radio trying to convince a nation that taking a cross country drive is a splendid way to test your eyesight, they aren't playing pork barrel politics and funneling money towards constituencies that they need to keep, they didn't spend the best part of the pandemic applauding key workers and then offer them a less than inflation pay rise, they haven't overseen a year on year increase in food bank usage...
But yeah Labour are definitely the worst.
It feels like the pic should be left here and the rest of the thread should move to Gossip, LOL

I pretty much align with Owen's opinions, disagree with some, think he can be a bit too strident sometimes (although understand why he thinks it's necessary) - but even if he was a Tory I could see he's a cute guy. I mean that smile is just... Fancy
(08-06-2021, 12:48 PM)cochineal Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 11:26 AM)Pete Wrote: The fact that I like cock doesn't make the labour party less repugnant.

Quite right.
I mean they haven't been in power for 11 years and they haven't a death toll in excess of 120,000 and they haven't treated asylum seekers and refugees like crap and they haven't held parliament in absolute contempt and they didn't create a customs border in the middle of the UK and stir up divisions in the perpetual tinderbox that is Northern Ireland, they aren't trying to create artificial divisions within our society between a fictional metropolitan woke and a common sense loving majority, they didn't force a decade of austerity on the country only to decide now that national debt is worse than when they came into power that austerity is not needed, they didn't go on TV and radio trying to convince a nation that taking a cross country drive is a splendid way to test your eyesight, they aren't playing pork barrel politics and funneling money towards constituencies that they need to keep, they didn't spend the best part of the pandemic applauding key workers and then offer them a less than inflation pay rise, they haven't overseen a year on year increase in food bank usage...
But yeah Labour are definitely the worst.

So basically you like Keir because he wasn't prime minister during a global pandemic. I'm actually a Labour voter and will vote Keir but not because of that nonsense but because Boris is a  bigger clown who only knows chaos. Keir is a wet damp salad but he's harmless enough.
I'm not a Tory voter (for from it) but it was decriminalised in 1981 (under Tory rule)
(08-06-2021, 06:10 PM)Mikey32 Wrote:
I'm not a Tory voter (for from it) but it was decriminalised in 1981 (under Tory rule)
That was in Scotland, I think. England and Wales 1967. Decriminilization passed with many Tory MPs supporting it in 1967, btw, including Thatcher herself. The gay marriage bill was pushed through by Tory David Cameron, as some conveniently forget.
(08-06-2021, 06:20 PM)pendorran Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 06:10 PM)Mikey32 Wrote:
That was in Scotland, I think. England and Wales 1967. Decriminilization passed with many Tory MPs supporting it in 1967, btw, including Thatcher herself. The gay marriage bill was pushed through by Tory David Cameron, as some conveniently forget.
You're right, it was Scotland, which is still in the UK
(08-06-2021, 06:20 PM)pendorran Wrote: That was in Scotland, I think. England and Wales 1967. Decriminilization passed with many Tory MPs supporting it in 1967, btw, including Thatcher herself. The gay marriage bill was pushed through by Tory David Cameron, as some conveniently forget.

It was the Lib Dem / Tory coalition with the Lib Dems more of the driving force. And I'm pretty sure it needed Labour votes to pass.

The way was paved by civil partnership laws, age of consent and general tidying up of sexual activity laws by the Labour Party. I think some Tories tried previously to achieve some of this but a Tory majority in the early 90s made it impossible.
(08-06-2021, 06:39 PM)Mikey32 Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 06:20 PM)pendorran Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 06:10 PM)Mikey32 Wrote: I'm not a Tory voter (for from it) but it was decriminalised in 1981 (under Tory rule)
You're right, it was Scotland, which is still in the UK.
No, it’s not, it’s a foreign country. LOL LOL (One day that’ll probably be for real. Wink)

Of course, in Northern Ireland they had to wait another year (and after a European Court challenge).

(08-06-2021, 11:02 PM)cochineal Wrote: It was the Lib Dem / Tory coalition with the Lib Dems more of the driving force. And I'm pretty sure it needed Labour votes to pass.
Pretty much the case. Thank goodness there was cross-party consensus. And not just Labour votes roo. Both stages passed by more than two votes to one.
Quote:The way was paved by civil partnership laws, age of consent and general tidying up of sexual activity laws by the Labour Party. I think some Tories tried previously to achieve some of this but a Tory majority in the early 90s made it impossible.
Although John Major had a bare majority, it was easily lost. 9 MP’s died during the parliament, and another 4 switched sides. It wouldn’t have been hard to press for more action.
(08-06-2021, 12:48 PM)cochineal Wrote: Quite right...But yeah Labour are definitely the worst.

Labour are quite capable of being shit stains on the table cloth of humanity while in opposition. Their leader was only a year and a half ago encouraging people to make Corbyn Prime Minister, it will be a long time before they are clear of that shame.

(08-06-2021, 11:02 PM)cochineal Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 06:20 PM)pendorran Wrote: That was in Scotland, I think. England and Wales 1967. Decriminilization passed with many Tory MPs supporting it in 1967, btw, including Thatcher herself. The gay marriage bill was pushed through by Tory David Cameron, as some conveniently forget.

It was the Lib Dem / Tory coalition with the Lib Dems more of the driving force. And I'm pretty sure it needed Labour votes to pass.

The way was paved by civil partnership laws, age of consent and general tidying up of sexual activity laws by the Labour Party. I think some Tories tried previously to achieve some of this but a Tory majority in the early 90s made it impossible.

Civil partnerships, The labour party enshrining in law that gays were second class citizens. That, combined with their adoption gaslighting, shows why any self respecting gay person should tell Labour to fuck right off.
(09-06-2021, 10:15 AM)Pete Wrote: Civil partnerships, The labour party enshrining in law that gays were second class citizens. That, combined with their adoption gaslighting, shows why any self respecting gay person should tell Labour to fuck right off.

1997 - The New Labour government introduces the Unmarried Partners Concession, which committed the UK to ending discrimination against gay and lesbian couples for immigration purposes.

2000 - Following a ruling from the European Court of Human Rights, the Labour Government lifted the ban on lesbians, gay men and bi people serving in the armed forces. This move had been fiercely opposed by many in the armed forces and in the Conservative Party.

2001 - Labour passed The Sexual Offences (Amendment) Act, lowering the age of consent for those in same-sex relationships from 18 to 16. Equalising the age of consent was tried by Labour in 1998 but was defeated by Peers led by Conservative Baroness Young in the House of Lords.

2003 - Labour repeals Section 28. The homophobic clause introduced by the Thatcher govt banned councils & schools from “promoting homosexuality”. Despite vehement opposition by the Tories, including Theresa May, Labour persisted and after two attempts we repealed Section 28.

2003 - Labour introduced the Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations, making it illegal to discriminate against LGB people in the workplace and in vocational training. This is the first time that protections for LGB people in the workplace were enshrined in UK law.

2004 - Labour passes the Civil Partnership Act, granting civil partnerships in the UK. The Act gave same-sex couples mostly the same rights as married straight couples. It was the first time that the legal status of same-sex relationships was fully acknowledged in law.

2004 - Labour produced and implemented the Gender Recognition Act, allowing Trans people to have their true gender recognised in law. Whilst the Act was groundbreaking in its time, Labour recognises that the GRA is now outdated and has policy to update and reform it.

2004 - Through Section 146 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003, the Labour Government empowered UK courts to impose tougher sentences for offences motivated by the victim’s sexual orientation, or their presumed sexual orientation.

2005 - The Adoption and Children Act, passed by the Labour Government in 2002, comes into force. The Act allows unmarried couples, including same-sex couples, to apply for joint adoption. Two Tory Prime Ministers since 2010 voted against adoption rights as opposition MPs.

2006 - Alongside 53 other nation-states, the Internationalist Labour government launched a campaign in the UN for the Decriminalisation of Homosexuality, focusing on the nine countries where it is still punishable by death.

2009 - The Labour government awarded statutory rights for fertility treatment for lesbians and bi women on the NHS. Despite the Tories' attempts to modernise their image on LGBT rights, David Cameron led his party to vote against IVF for these couples.

2013 - Labour supports the Coalition Government's Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013. Despite PM David Cameron supporting the bill, more than half of Tory MPs present voted against it. If it wasn't for the Labour vote, we wouldn't have same-sex marriage today.

Sorry for the list, but no, I don't think I will be telling Labour to fuck off anytime soon.

As I said before I don't think any of our rights will be repealed by this or near future Tory government but if we were trying to fight for them today they would absolutely be portrayed as "woke" (because of a severe lack of understanding of what that means), and as pursuits of the looney left. Viewpoints which the current Tory party are very much courting.
WAY too much talking, far too few pics Sad
I personally think Owen is a beautiful man on both the inside and outside. He is a kind and caring person and I would love to have someone like him as a friend or partner. His cats are gorgeous as well.
(09-06-2021, 11:03 AM)cochineal Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 10:15 AM)Pete Wrote: Civil partnerships, The labour party enshrining in law that gays were second class citizens. That, combined with their adoption gaslighting, shows why any self respecting gay person should tell Labour to fuck right off.

1997 - The New Labour government introduces the Unmarried Partners Concession, which committed the UK to ending discrimination against gay and lesbian couples for immigration purposes.

2000 - Following a ruling from the European Court of Human Rights, the Labour Government lifted the ban on lesbians, gay men and bi people serving in the armed forces. This move had been fiercely opposed by many in the armed forces and in the Conservative Party.

2001 - Labour passed The Sexual Offences (Amendment) Act, lowering the age of consent for those in same-sex relationships from 18 to 16. Equalising the age of consent was tried by Labour in 1998 but was defeated by Peers led by Conservative Baroness Young in the House of Lords.

2003 - Labour repeals Section 28. The homophobic clause introduced by the Thatcher govt banned councils & schools from “promoting homosexuality”. Despite vehement opposition by the Tories, including Theresa May, Labour persisted and after two attempts we repealed Section 28.

2003 - Labour introduced the Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations, making it illegal to discriminate against LGB people in the workplace and in vocational training. This is the first time that protections for LGB people in the workplace were enshrined in UK law.

2004 - Labour passes the Civil Partnership Act, granting civil partnerships in the UK. The Act gave same-sex couples mostly the same rights as married straight couples. It was the first time that the legal status of same-sex relationships was fully acknowledged in law.

2004 - Labour produced and implemented the Gender Recognition Act, allowing Trans people to have their true gender recognised in law. Whilst the Act was groundbreaking in its time, Labour recognises that the GRA is now outdated and has policy to update and reform it.

2004 - Through Section 146 of the Criminal Justice Act 2003, the Labour Government empowered UK courts to impose tougher sentences for offences motivated by the victim’s sexual orientation, or their presumed sexual orientation.

2005 - The Adoption and Children Act, passed by the Labour Government in 2002, comes into force. The Act allows unmarried couples, including same-sex couples, to apply for joint adoption. Two Tory Prime Ministers since 2010 voted against adoption rights as opposition MPs.

2006 - Alongside 53 other nation-states, the Internationalist Labour government launched a campaign in the UN for the Decriminalisation of Homosexuality, focusing on the nine countries where it is still punishable by death.

2009 - The Labour government awarded statutory rights for fertility treatment for lesbians and bi women on the NHS. Despite the Tories' attempts to modernise their image on LGBT rights, David Cameron led his party to vote against IVF for these couples.

2013 - Labour supports the Coalition Government's Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act 2013. Despite PM David Cameron supporting the bill, more than half of Tory MPs present voted against it. If it wasn't for the Labour vote, we wouldn't have same-sex marriage today.

Sorry for the list, but no, I don't think I will be telling Labour to fuck off anytime soon.

As I said before I don't think any of our rights will be repealed by this or near future Tory government but if we were trying to fight for them today they would absolutely be portrayed as "woke" (because of a severe lack of understanding of what that means), and as pursuits of the looney left. Viewpoints which the current Tory party are very much courting.

Nice work, Sir! How anyone can suggest that Labour has done anything but support the LGBTQ community over the last 25 years is mindblowing. Sure, Cameron went ahead with the Marriage Act, and I'm glad he did - and it's probably the only good thing he did in his disastrous time as PM - but he didn't get the backing of most of his MPs. Indeed, only 22 Labour MPs voted against the bill, while 134 Tories voted against it. And I'm pleased to say that, out of the 22 Labour MPs who voted against it, only 3 remain MPs today.
(09-06-2021, 11:03 AM)cochineal Wrote: I don't think I will be telling Labour to fuck off anytime soon.

I wouldn't expect you to, but that says more about you than about the validity of my comment.

(10-06-2021, 01:02 AM)thatwouldbetelling Wrote: Nice work, Sir! How anyone can suggest that Labour has done anything but support the LGBTQ community over the last 25 years is mindblowing.
Labour enshrined in law the idea that gays were second class citizens and gaslit gay people by claiming that things like adoption were gay rights issues. They're patronising twats who think that they're entitled to people's votes based on irrelevant factors such as sexuality, race, gender et c.
Feels like I’ve gone back in time 25 years overnight!! LOL LOL LOL
My question should probably be in the Gossip section, but why would anyone call race, sexuality, gender and several other things irrelevant? Is the UK so far advanced that those things no longer matter in society and in relation to your civil rights? In the US, if our Democratic party stopped being vigilant about those things, we'd be turned into a place like in The Handmaid's Tale combined with the Dark Ages.
(10-06-2021, 03:15 AM)Jwb52z Wrote: My question should probably be in the Gossip section, but why would anyone call race, sexuality, gender and several other things irrelevant?  Is the UK so far advanced that those things no longer matter in society and in relation to your civil rights?  In the US, if our Democratic party stopped being vigilant about those things, we'd be turned into a place like in The Handmaid's Tale combined with the Dark Ages.

Some people are secure enough in who they are that they can judge politicians on the full range of policies, rather than obsessing over what is a fairly minor detail. I pity the people who think that such things define a person, but that iis too close to the bigots for me. I'll just keep evaluating people based on the content of their cgaracter rather than the colour of their skin, what they have between their legs, or whether they prefer to sleep with men, women, or both. 

The fact that I like cock is one of the least significant details about me, so why should I let it dictate who I vote for, especially when the option that claims to be most gay friendly has a record consisting largely of condescension, gas lighting, and hoping that gay people are too stupid to notice if they patronise us enough.