famousmales

Full Version: Bisexuality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, I'm bisexual, just wondered what other people's experience of coming out felt like? Not yet out to my family
It should go ok. They'll consider the gay part as just a "phase" and count on your still going to marry a nice girl. Big Grin
(The nice girl may have an issue with it if the gay phase hasn't passed by then.)
It all depends on the family. Bisexuality can be an entry point to your own self-acceptance like it was for me, or it can be a continuous process of discovery. Whomever you're attracted to, provided they are legally able to consent, is okay and valid. Enjoy yourself.

I began coming out to friends first. My family wasn't thrilled initially, but I also knew I wouldn't be disowned. So it took a few years to get to full acceptance. Allow your family and friends some adjustment, but don't for a second tolerate abuse or belligerence. It's your family's job to love you, and it's not conditional.
Or you can do a "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" replay.
Tell your family that you're bringing your fiancé to dinner and show up with your bf.
Oh My
To be bisexual its normal in our time. Just find right person near you or read this blog https://www.happymatches.com/.
I've never been comfortable with labels ("gay", "straight", etc.).  I find them limiting.
(If your head turns for hot men every day for the rest of your life then fine.  I'm occasionally turned on by a nice pair of tits. KatiePrice   I would, and I have. Big Grin)

Best to keep it open and let life play out. Approve
Also it's been a couple weeks: how's it going, barryboy?
Carrie from "Sex & the City" said that bisexuality was just one train stop to RickyMartinville.
(21-09-2020, 08:28 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]Also it's been a couple weeks: how's it going, barryboy?

good thank you, feels like I've finally accepted who i am, just waiting for the right person
(11-12-2020, 01:22 AM)barryboy1985 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-09-2020, 08:28 PM)Heinrich Wrote: [ -> ]Also it's been a couple weeks: how's it going, barryboy?

good thank you, feels like I've finally accepted who i am, just waiting for the right person

The right person of which gender or someone of whatever gender happens to walk into your life?
(11-12-2020, 01:33 AM)Parsifal Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2020, 01:22 AM)barryboy1985 Wrote: [ -> ]

The right person of which gender or someone of whatever gender happens to walk into your life?

correct Smile
Hooray! Big Grin
When it happens tell us if it's a boy or a girl. Big Grin
Coming out as bi was a massively liberating thing for me. I've been lucky enough to be accepted by pretty much everyone around me, and actually figuring out 'my' label was actually very helpful. Labels don't need to rigidly define you, but I think they're valuable in their way - especially for those of us who don't fit in with the most common identifiers for things. My experience has been that they really help you to better understand yourself, and others as well - including those who decide against labels.

I hope all the best for you!
I know I'm coming to this thread late in the game, so to speak, but I am glad this thread is here. I am someone who likely won't live long enough to be able to come out safely and I'm now in my 40s. It's a long explanation, but it's probably not far different from what most people experience, except that my disability complicates things. Short of a proverbial medical miracle or winning the lottery or the Publisher's Clearing House, I'm stuck. I'm not physically in danger from anyone, but I am stuck in a place where people are religious zealots. I come from a place where, relatively, not long ago people still thought being bisexual was literally imaginary.
(11-12-2020, 06:33 AM)Jwb52z Wrote: [ -> ]I know I'm coming to this thread late in the game, so to speak, but I am glad this thread is here.  I am someone who likely won't live long enough to be able to come out safely and I'm now in my 40s.  It's a long explanation, but it's probably not far different from what most people experience, except that my disability complicates things.  Short of a proverbial medical miracle or winning the lottery or the Publisher's Clearing House, I'm stuck.  I'm not physically in danger from anyone, but I am stuck in a place where people are religious zealots.  I come from a place where, relatively, not long ago people still thought being bisexual was literally imaginary.

I'm guessing that you live in Texas.  Yes?
Can you MOVE from that God-forsaken state which hopefully secedes some day (sooner rather than later)?
Texit?
Parsifal Wrote:
Jwb52z Wrote:I know I'm coming to this thread late in the game, so to speak, but I am glad this thread is here.  I am someone who likely won't live long enough to be able to come out safely and I'm now in my 40s.  It's a long explanation, but it's probably not far different from what most people experience, except that my disability complicates things.  Short of a proverbial medical miracle or winning the lottery or the Publisher's Clearing House, I'm stuck.  I'm not physically in danger from anyone, but I am stuck in a place where people are religious zealots.  I come from a place where, relatively, not long ago people still thought being bisexual was literally imaginary.

I'm guessing that you live in Texas.  Yes?
Can you MOVE from that God-forsaken state which hopefully secedes some day (sooner rather than later)?
If I had both the physical ability and the money to move away and survive long enough to get foreign citizenship, I would have left the US at age 18.  Short of a proverbial medical miracle and/or winning the lottery or the Publisher's Clearing House, I'm stuck in Texas.
(21-09-2020, 03:44 PM)Parsifal Wrote: [ -> ]I've never been comfortable with labels ("gay", "straight", etc.).  I find them limiting.
(If your head turns for hot men every day for the rest of your life then fine.  I'm occasionally turned on by a nice pair of tits. KatiePrice   I would, and I have. Big Grin)

Best to keep it open and let life play out. Approve

Same for me. Its mostly been guys for me since the start, though I have fallen heavily for the opposite sex too.
You never know who you might meet next...(well, after the pandemic!)
Never felt comfortable labelling for myself, but respect that its helpful for others to work out their own identity.
I’ve never had any feelings for the opposite sex, only men. Smile

Maybe it’s a sign of the times, but I can honestly say I’ve felt free from the word go (as a boy, even).

No feelings of guilt/shame/family/religion complicating things. And that’s despite my upbringing and family background.

Maybe that gives me a different perspective. I think people’s feelings can sometimes hold them back, if they live in a country or state where being gay is accepted and welcomed.

Definitely don’t judge people for being bi, though. Maybe the closest I can sympathise is when I hear straight guys talking about their gf/girls they fancy.
Pages: 1 2