famousmales

Full Version: Imgur help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had experience of using the new version of Imgur? Since it's changed to that, when I upload the pictures as a post, I don't seem to get the same options for the code - when I hover over the picture, it only allows me to zoom in, rather than give any options. Any idea where the codes and other options have gone?
Are you on a computer or phone? On a computer when you hover over it, a popup should appear in the top right of the pic with a dropdown arrow, but it doesn't scroll with the pic, so if the top right is off the top of the screen it won't be visible.
Been using it on the laptop - it's always been there before, but Imgur have brought out a new version, and I can't seem to find it here.

EDIT: Figured it out - looks as though on the new version, you have to click on the three dots at the top right hand corner of the post, click on edit post, and then hover over the picture to get the share links. Not sure if that is for everyone, or just playing up on mine!
(12-08-2020, 11:00 AM)rahulsen Wrote: [ -> ]Been using it on the laptop - it's always been there before, but Imgur have brought out a new version, and I can't seem to find it here.

EDIT: Figured it out - looks as though on the new version, you have to click on the three dots at the top right hand corner of the post, click on edit post, and then hover over the picture to get the share links.

Ahem, clicky Wink
(12-08-2020, 12:04 PM)Tiuri Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-08-2020, 11:00 AM)rahulsen Wrote: [ -> ]Been using it on the laptop - it's always been there before, but Imgur have brought out a new version, and I can't seem to find it here.

EDIT: Figured it out - looks as though on the new version, you have to click on the three dots at the top right hand corner of the post, click on edit post, and then hover over the picture to get the share links.

Ahem, clicky  Wink

I had looked through that before posting in here :-)

The guide says Hover over the image and it will display three dots, and get share links and copy the BBCode (Forums Link).

However, when I've clicked on the dots, I get the below:
[Image: 4pQcMUN.jpg]

It's only when I click on Edit Post that I get the following:
[Image: UXLCuyI.jpg]

Don't know why it did that, but that seems to be the only way to do it for 'published posts' on Imgur on my laptop. 
(12-08-2020, 02:14 PM)rahulsen Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know why it did that, but that seems to be the only way to do it for 'published posts' on Imgur on my laptop. 

Sorry for assuming you didn't read the guide Approve

Strange, for me it works as described in the guide.

Did you register with imgur??? Maybe it works differently for registered members??? The "make post hidden" for instance, does not appear for me at all, except in a big Hidden button.

Does your laptop have a touchscreen??? Maybe that affects navigation??
I am registered with Imgur, maybe that's why they are making it harder!!!

Not a major issue, I've figured out how to navigate it now so I can continue posting random pictures of guys that only I seem to find hot!!!!
That is strange! I tried it both logged in and logged out and still get the share codes! Thankfully you've found a work around.